Tomorrow is the big day so make sure you are in bed early tonight. You do not want to upset the Big Guy and be up when he comes down your chimney to deliver that new Wii or Justin Beiber record. The Musings have featured four Christmas songs this month, how about we finish things off with six more videos to really get in the holiday mood? Well, maybe four of them may accomplish that …
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Fred Astaire. LOVE this song and cartoon, a must-see during the holidays.
- Silent Night – The Dickies. This LA punk band has the greatest talent for taking a classic song and creating an amazing cover of it. I love this rendition of this tune.
- Fuck Christmas – FEAR. Hey, I used to work retail, so this is how I felt about this holiday for years. I still think everyone should have to work retail during Christmas at least once. Maybe people would be nicer during the holiday season.
- There Ain’t No Sanity Clause – The Damned. What a great band, these guys really knew how to deliver outstanding, melodic punk rock laced with pop hooks.
- O Holy Night – Josh Groban. I agree, after three punk rock bands this may be a little out of place. Too bad, this rendition is beautiful.
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – Burl Ives. We started with one classic cartoon, let’s end with another. I miss the Rudolph get red-nosed parties at the Burch’s.
Merry Christmas everyone!